Essential Oil Middle Notes
Below is a list of the essential oils that are generally classified as middle notes. Click on the link for each essential oil to view its detailed profile.
Identifying an essential oil as a top, middle or base note is based on subjective assessment in combination with reviewing the constituents present in the essential oil.
This list coincides with AromaWeb's Aromatherapy Blending Guide. For more information about how to blend essential oils for aromatic and therapeutic applications and for an explaination of top, base and middle notes, please read through the Aromatherapy Blending Guide.
Aromatherapy Blending Guide:
- Part 1: Introduction to Blending Essential Oils
- Part 2: Aromatic Blending of Essential Oils
- Part 3: Formulating Masculine/Earthy Aromatherapy Blends
- Part 4: Therapeutic Blending of Essential Oils
- Part 5: Working With and Blending Thick Aromatic Oils
- Part 6: How to Substitute Essential Oils in Aromatherapy Recipes and Blends
- Essential Oil Top Notes
- Essential Oil Middle Notes (You Are On This Page Now)
- Essential Oil Base Notes
- Essential Oil Aromatic Classifications