The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy
The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy, Second Edition
Author: Salvatore Battaglia
Publisher: Perfect Potion
Number of Pages: 602
ISBN: 0646428969 / 978-0646428963
This page contains affiliate links to Amazon. Click here for details.
The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Third Edition Volume 1 - Foundations & Materia Medica is now available. This review pertains to the Second Edition of The The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy by Salvatore Battaglia.
The 602-page second edition of Salvatore Battaglia's The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy serves as a comprehensive aromatherapy textbook and reference for serious aromatherapy students, practitioners and educators.
Although Battaglia's The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy can be difficult to find and a bit pricier to purchase, particularly in the United States, it is well worth the investment.
Although it's been over a decade since the second edition has been published, it has been reprinted over ten times due to the ongoing demand for this valuable text and reference.
I have both the first and second editions. Although the first edition can sometimes be found at a more affordable price than the second edition, I recommend investing in the second edition due to the expansive information that it contains.
The description from the back cover and table of contents do an excellent job of conveying what is covered in this invaluable 602-page publication. Both are shown below.
Description from the Back Cover
The modern holistic aromatherapist needs to be a multi-disciplined practitioner with training in remedial therapies, counseling, chemistry, botany, pharmacology, anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy covers all these topics with information derived from the wisdom of the past to the latest pharmacological and clinical studies.
The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy is internationally acclaimed as the most comprehensive text books on aromatherapy. The second edition includes sections on:
- quality control of essential oils
- latest information on essential oil safety
- essential oil chemistry
- pharmacological studies on essential oils
- olfaction and the psychological effects of essential oils
- subtle aromatherapy
- the role of aromatherapy in primary health care
- comprehensive monographs of over 80 essential oils
- detailed studies of conditions for each body system
- the role of aromatherapy in day spa treatments and much, much more.
The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy is written for everyone who needs to be thoroughly familiar with the art and science of aromatherapy, whether it be for personal use, for the student of aromatherapy, for the professional aromatherapist and for the pharmacist, nurse, doctor or health professional.
About the Author (From Back Cover)
Salvatore Battaglia has been passionate about natural therapies for most of his life. he holds qualifications in natural therapies, acupuncture and aromatherapy. Salvatore's dedication to aromatherapy has seen him hold positions in professional associations and government committees to ensure that the educational standards of professional aromatherapy are maintained and improved.
Table of Contents for The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy
- Preface to Second Edition
- Preface to First Edition
- How to Use This Book
- Unit I: Background
- Chapter 1: Developing a Holistic Framework for the Practice of Aromatherapy
- Chapter 2: History of Aromatherapy
- Chapter 3: What are Essential Oils?
- Chapter 4: Methods of Essential Oil Extraction
- Chapter 5: Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Unit II: Essential Issues
- Chapter 6: Research into Essential Oils
- Chapter 7: Essential Oil Chemistry
- Chapter 8: Pharmacokinetics
- Chapter 9: Pharmacology of Essential Oils
- Chapter 10: Biology and Psychology of Essential Oils
- Chapter 11: Subtle Aromatherapy
Chapter 12: Essential Oil Safety
- Unit III: The Remedies
- Chapter 13: The Essential Oils
- Chapter 14: Exotic Essential Oils
- Chapter 15: Vegetable Oils
- Chapter 16: Hazardous Essential Oils
- Unit IV: Practical Matters
- Chapter 17: Requirements for Professional Practice
- Chapter 18: The Consultation
- Chapter 19: A Holistic Approach to Prescribing Essential Oils
- Chapter 20: The Art of Blending
- Chapter 21: Methods of Administration
- Chapter 22: The Aromatherapy Massage
- Chapter 23: Aromatherapy for Health Professionals
- Unit V: Clinical Index
- Chapter 24: The Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 25: The Respiratory System
- Chapter 26: The Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 27: The Reproductive System
- Chapter 28: The Integumentary System
- Chapter 29: The Nervous System
- Chapter 30: The Lymphatic System
- Chapter 31: The Digestive System
- Chapter 32: The Immune System
- Unit VI: Aesthetic Aromatherapy
- Chapter 33: Aromatherapy and Skin Care
- Chapter 34: Aromatherapy and Day Spas
- Appendix 1: Glossary
- Appendix 2: List of Properties
- Appendix 3: Therapeutic Cross Reference
- Appendix 4: List of Essential Oils
- Appendix 5: A Typical Material Safety Data Sheet
- Appendix 6: Summary of Cautions and Contraindications
- Appendix 7: Accupressure
- Appendix 8: Useful Addresses
- Botanical Index
- General Index
amazon.com typically offers this book for the lowest price around.
Click here for more information.