Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals
Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals: A Comprehensive Guide to the Use of Essential Oils and Hydrosols with Animals
Author: Kristen Leigh Bell
Publisher: Findhorn Press
This page contains affiliate links. Get details.
Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals acts both as a reference as well as a readable textbook (216 pages). The text begins in Section 1 and 2 with helpful introductory information that includes ascertaining essential oil quality, understanding the chemical constituents of essential oils and other pertinent info. Kristen Leigh Bell's presentation and writing style are informative and intriguing, and I appreciate her emphasis on safety issues. Section 3 contains profiles for 52 essential oils and 10 hydrosols. All profiles are oriented towards their uses with animals. Each profile contains a section for method of distillation, part of plant, production, color, scent, dominant chemical group and a lovely illustration of the corresponding plant. Sections four through eight each focus upon a different animal group, and she includes a variety of recipes and case studies. Section eight and the appendices provide additional practical reference information for finding essential oil/ingredient suppliers and other helpful resources. I found myself wishing that the book had an index. The effective organization of the book, however, minimized the inconvenience caused by the lack of an index.
Table of Contents for Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals
- Section 1: Aromatherapy Has Gone to the Dogs... and Cats... and Horses
- Section 2: The Tools of the Trade and the Perilous Quest for Purity and Quality
- Section 3: A Closer Look at the Aromatics Used in This Book...
- Section 4: Man's (and Woman's) Best Friend: Aromatherapy for Dogs
- Section 5: Aromatherapy for Cats Sensitive and Mysterious Creatures
- Section 6: Aromatherapy for Birds and Other Small Pets
- Section 7: Aromatherapy for Horses and Other Large Animals
- Section 8: Brewing Up Your Own Potions: Suppliers, Packaging, Resources and Education
- Appendix 1: Table of Weights and Measures and Conversion Tables
- Appendix 2: Holistic Resource Guide
- Appendix 3: Recommended Reading
- End Notes
Amazon.com typically offers this book
for the lowest price around.
Learn more and view pricing!