8 Minute Meditation
While it takes longer than 8 minutes to read and implement all of the guidance offered in 8 Minute Meditation, the book's initial chapters show you how to begin meditating immediately. You really can experience and gain benefit from meditating for only eight minutes a day. I found this book to be helpful in my quest to enhance and deepen my personal practice of meditation.
What I don't like about the book is the book's hype and almost "too good to be true" praises about the book on its back cover and introductory text.
If you can endure the initial hype, you'll find a lot of helpful guidance and encouragement in the remainder of the book. This is a nice starter book if you've never read about or practiced meditation.
Table of Contents for 8 Minute Meditation
- Part I. Meditation 101
- Part II. The 8 Week Meditation Program
- Week One: Just One Breath
- Week Two: Naked Sound
- Week Three: Noting Body Sensations
- Week Four: This Magic Moment
- Week Five: Gracious Declining
- Week Six: Private Screening
- Week Seven: Lovingkindness Meditation
- Week Eight: Combination Places
- Part III. The Upgrade
- Beyond 8 Minutes
- The Meditation in Action Template
- Lovingkindness: Going Further
- Resources: My Personal A-List
- In Closing
- Thank You
- About the Author
Amazon.com typically offers this book
for the lowest price around.
Learn more and view pricing!