Diffuser Blends for Love, Romance, Intimacy and Sensuality
Essential oils have the wonderful potential to influence our mood and support many aspects of our lives, including our intimate moments. Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Rose, Vanilla and Ylang Ylang are just a few of the most well known essential oils, absolutes and CO2 extracts that are commonly included in blends intended for romance, love and sexual intimacy. However, there are many other essential oils that support sensuality. For a list of essential oils that may act as aphrodisiacs, see AromaWeb's Aromatherapy and Aphrodisiacs article. Also see AromaWeb's Essential Oils and Aromatherapy For Romance guide.
Below, you will find a selection of diffuser blends that was created to help set the mood and enhance sensuality and special romantic moments. To keep things simple, each blend intentionally uses only 3 essential oils.
Everyone can respond to essential oils and blends differently. These blends are offered as a starting point and as inspiration in discovering the blends that work best for you in helping to enhance and support romance and sensuality.
- Select one of the essential oil diffuser recipe blends shown below.
- Create the blend by adding the proper amount of each essential oil to a dark-colored glass bottle.
- Once you try the blend and confirm that it benefits you, you can double or triple the batch. However, when adding essential oils to your diffuser do not exceed the number of drops suitable for use in your particular brand and model diffuser.
Essential oils must be used with care. These blends are intended for diffuser use by adults. Less is more with essential oils. These blends are undiluted and some blends contain phototoxic oils. They should not be applied topically. Be sure to follow all safety precautions and always research the safety info and contraindications for each essential oil that you are considering working with.
- Add 1-3 drops of one of the below blends to your diffuser.
- Every diffuser is different, so refer to the manufacturer's instructions that came with your diffuser to know how many drops is appropriate to add to your particular diffuser. Thicker essential oils and citrus oils must be carefully used in particular types of diffuser models including atomizing and ultrasonic diffusers. Check the instructions that come with your diffuser for specific information.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Romance #1
- 1 drop Rose Otto Essential Oil or Rose Absolute
- 5 drops Virginian Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 4 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Roses are the symbol of love, and Rose Otto Essential Oil (or the absolute) can be especially sensual. Aromatically, it's very potent, so only a drop is used in this blend. Virginian Cedarwood Essential Oil helps warm and soften the blend. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is uplifting and blends wonderfully with the other two oils.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Romance #2
Jasmine Absolute possesses an exotic, sensual aroma that both men and women tend to love. As with Rose Otto Essential Oil mentioned above, Jasmin Absolute is also very potent. Using too much can overpower the blend. Sandalwood Essential Oil pairs beautifully with the Jasmine and provides a sensual, sweet, woody aroma. Tangerine Essential Oil has a sweet, tangy aroma that is uplifting, fresh and energizing.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Romance #3
The exquisite, sophisticated aroma of Neroli Essential Oil blends beautifully with the deep, rich earthy aroma of Vetiver Essential Oil. Not everyone likes vetiver. However, vetiver is quite grounding and can add a lot of depth to blends when used sparingly. Yuzu Essential Oil is a delightful Japanese citrus oil that adds an exotic, uplifting, sensual appeal to the blend.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Romance #4
This blend is worthy of consideration by those that especially love the warming, spicy, sensual aromas of Cinnamon and Ginger essential oils. Mandarin Essential Oil softens and sweetens the blend.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blend for Romance #5
This blend is formulated for those that prefer a more grounding, earthy blend instead of a more floral-based blend. Patchouli and Vetiver essential oils are quite earthy and grounding. Sweet Orange Essential Oil blends very nicely with both the patchouli and vetiver.
Sources for More Information About the Essential Oils Used In These Blends
- Salvatore Battaglia, The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy Third Edition Volume 1 - Foundations & Materia Medica (Brisbane Australia: Black Pepper Creative, 2018).
- Valerie Ann Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, 25th Anniversary Edition (Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016.
- Neryls Purchon and Lora Cantele, Complete Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness (Toronto ON: Robert Rose, 2014).
- Julia Lawless, The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Updated Edition) (London: Harper Thorsons, 2014).
General Safety Information
These recipes are offered for educational purposes only. Before using any essential oil, carefully read AromaWeb's Essential Oil Safety Information page. For in-depth information on oil safety issues, read Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young. Do not take any oils internally and do not apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin without advanced essential oil knowledge or consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. For general dilution information, read AromaWeb's Guide to Diluting Essential Oils. If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using oils with children and consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children, the elderly, if you have medical issues or are taking medications.