Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Essential Oils and Aromatherapy author Gregory White possesses a solid foundation in aromatherapy and has earned his aromatherapy certification (C.C.A.) through the International Certified Aromatherapy Institute. Gregory is also an experienced and well respected soap maker and is author of the popular book Making Soap from Scratch. He is co-owner of AromaGregory Creative, Inc. and is a valued and appreciated advertiser/supporter of AromaWeb.
For those new to aromatherapy, Essential Oils and Aromatherapy is a solid, concise, easy-to-grasp introduction to the field of holistic aromatherapy. The subject can often be daunting to newcomers, but Gregory introduces the origins, methods of application, safety guidelines and other topics in a helpful, friendly and understandable way.
The book includes 55 very brief essential oil profiles. Each profile includes the botanical name, aromatic profile, origin, perfumery note, extraction method and brief summary about the botanical and oil.
This is a book that I expect that those new to aromatherapy will refer to often, and I like that the physical dimensions of the book are about 5" wide x 8" high x .25" thick. It makes the book easy to hold and reach for as needed.
From the Back Cover
How to Use Essential Oils for Beauty, Health, and Spirituality...
Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: How to Use Essential Oils for Beauty, Health, and Spirituality is written in a personable and easy to understand style and covers all of the important aspects of aromatherapy and essential oils. Reads like a conversation instead of a text book. Authored by a professional aromatherapist, it includes the history of aromatherapy, how to use the oils, the chemistry of essential oils, how to create a balanced blend, how essential oils are made, the carrier oils used in blends, scent notes, a few questionable aspects of the industry, recipes to get you started, and a complete encyclopedia of the top fifty-five oils.
- How essential oils enter and react with the body
- "Therapeutic grade" essential oils - what does it mean?
- 13 common carrier oils and their unique benefits
- Essential oil yield - how much is actually in that little bottle
- Understanding perfume notes - top, middle, and base
- Aromatherapy application - diffusion, inhalation, topical...
- Creating aesthetic and therapeutic blends
- Ways to scent the home naturally
- Essential oil guide/ encyclopedia of top 55 oils
Table of Contents for Essential Oils and Aromatherapy:
- Aromatherapy History
- How Aromatherapy is Applied
- How Essential Oils Work
- How Essential Oils Are Made
- Essential Oil Yield
- Understanding Perfumery Notes
- Carrier Oils
- Creating Essential Oil Blends
- Safety Guidelines
- Chemistry of Essential Oils
- Debatable Essential Oil Therapies
- Using Essential Oils to Scent the Home
- The Aromatherapy Bath
- Essential Oils and Pets
- Essential Oil Guide
Amazon.com typically offers this book
for the lowest price around.
Learn more and view pricing!